Euroshell aims to bridge the gap between science and producers in order to support European marine mollusc production: to construct a united framework for all shellfish producers.
Site administrators, Data providers
Ifremer, 6 member states: United Kingdom, Ireland, the Netherlands, France, Italy, Spain.
With support from the European Commission, the Euroshell project aims to provide solutions to identify the challenges which would be faced by knowledge transfer in the shellfish sector and those which could, as a consequence, influence its sustainable development.
- To share scientific knowledge with producers:
• Results of European, national and regional research
• Research projects: past, present and future
• Applied scientific research, empirical knowledge, grey literature, etc.
- To enable producers to express their research needs to scientists and to participate in research projects.
- To identify a strategy for the European shellfish sector, and in particular their research needs.
Who is this catalogue for?
This catalogue is for everyone who wants to obtain general information on European shellfish (production sites, technical centres, education and research centres, and professional organisations).
18 partners: CNC (French National Shellfish Committee), EAS (European Aquaculture Society), AEPM (Association Européenne des Producteurs de Mollusques), CRMG (Consello Regulador d.o Mexillon de Galicia), AMA (Associazione Mediterranea Aquacoltori), ISGA/ISA (Irish Salmon Grower's Association ltd.), POM (Ver. Producentenorganisatie van de Nederlandse Mosselcultuur), SAGB (Shellfish Association of Great Britain), IFREMER (French Research Institute for Exploitation of the Sea), CSIC (Agencia Estatal Consejo Superior de Investigaciones cientificas), UNIVE (università Ca' Foscari di Venezia), AFDC/UCC (Aquaculture and Fishery Development Center – University College Cork), DLO (Stichting Dienst Landbouwkundig Onderzoek), ARDTOE (Ardtoe Marine Laboratory), AC2G (Communication and events), as well as three CRC (Regional Shellfish Commissions).